Roast Eggplant with Ziti
Looking for a vegetarian pasta dish that won't disappoint? We love having a variety of options on in our recipe book for family or friends who prefer vegetarian and eggplant is a great option for Italian meals. This recipe combines roast eggplant with our fresh tomato and basil pasta sauce, ricotta & parmigiano reggiano cheeses, ziti pasta and seasonings that combine to make a satisfying pasta dish that you can add to your menu any night of the week.
Let's Get Cooking!
- 2 Large eggplants
- 1 tablespoon + more for cooking Kosher or coarse salt
- 4 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound Ziti Pasta
- 1 cup Fresh basil leaves, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup Ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 jar The Italian Cooks Tomato & Basil Sauce
Share your kitchen creations with us on social media. Tag us @TheItalianCooks on Instagram or @italiancooks on Facebook or use hashtag #TheItalianCooks. Subscribe to our newsletter below for more recipes and news from The Italian Cooks!